Join the Mailing List
- Mr. Anonymous news (New Album, Summer Live shows, etc.)
- Original drummer for The Samples playing drums as “Mr. Anonymous”
- pics and anecdotes from my trip to the UK… Ranking Roger’s “Spaceship” studio
- Mr. Anonymous traveling to the U.K. to track Ranking Roger
- Mr. Anonymous Download the music for free!
- Mr Anonymous “20 minute theory” on drums and fitness
- 5 tips for drummers who feel “stagnant”, by Mr. Anonymous
- Mr Anonymous REGGAE radio show every MONDAY 5:00-7:00 pm
- Mr Anonymous launching www.mranonymousradio.com on Monday September 17th 2012
- Mr Anonymous LIVE at The Fox Theatre this Sat. 9/8
- “Discotheque” Music video by Mr. Anonymous
Category Archives: Latest News
Happy spring everybody!!! Here’s a quick Mr. Anonymous news update:
1. The new Mr. Anonymous album(featuring Ranking Roger, Ranking Jr., and Brando) is in the process of being mixed, and I’m shooting to have it released on Saturday June 15th. The songs have a summer vibe for sure, so I’m looking forward to throwing all of you a great new soundtrack for the poolside, golf cart, convertible top down drive to an amusement park like Cedar Point, a trip to to the lake in Chicago or beach on Long Island,etc. It will be Free and downloadable on www.mranonymous.net so i’ll let you guys know when its done.… » Read full post
…ok i just got back last night from Birmingham England and the sessions with Ranking Roger and Ranking Jr. were “off the hook” great!!! I was there for a week and experienced some great moments. on the first day, Roger and I went to Handsworth and had ackee and saltfish at his favorite jamaican restaurant and that night we went out and saw a reggae band at one club and some punk bands at another spot in downtown Birmingham.
the next night i rode with him and ranking Jr. down to Coventry where they were performing live as “The Beat”.… » Read full post
…I’m off to the U.K. to track Ranking Roger and Ranking Jr. for the next edition of “Champion Sound”…boom!!!… » Read full post
ALL Mr. Anonymous music is FREE!!! If you like the tunes and want to support the “Mr. Anonymous” musical journey, please feel free to SHARE, SHARE, SHARE with all of your friends and family.
Brand new original music featuring : SLY & ROBBIE, RANKING ROGER, BOUNTY KILLER, MICHAEL ROSE, PINCHERS, FRANKIE PAUL, BARRINGTON LEVY, MEGA BANTON, AFROBOT, CUTTY RANKS, DAVE WAKELING, BOUBACAR DIEBATE, BRANDO, DR. INNOCENT, and JEEP… » Read full post
“20 minute theory” on drums and fitness
….ok so here is my second installment of drum advice and then no more blabbin from me……I’ve given several different renditions of the same advice over the years, and I’ve decided that it all comes down to one simple concept.
I call it the “20 Minute” theory. I use it for drums and exercise, and it’s TOTALLY worked for me over the years. Here’s how it works.
step 1: buy a timer…a stopwatch, a kitchen timer, or just a clock
step 2: practice for EXACTLY 20 minutes every day or in 20-minute sessions…no more and no less
step 3: during those 20 minutes, work ONLY on something that’s challenging or new
This is the key point: HOW you practice rather than HOW LONG you practice is the key.… » Read full post
Over the years I’ve been asked by friends and fans and drummers what my approach is to practicing. I’ve also been asked to teach or give advice to drummers who feel stagnant and bored with their playing. These are my top 5 recommendations:
#1 SIMPLIFY….go back to just a hat kick snare and tom……youll be inspired because you dont have the usual places to throw your sticks which will change your brain’s habit of performing the same fills youve always done.
#2 Go To YOUTUBE….because there are so many cool instructional videos in all styles…jazz reggae death metal funk punk….whatever youre into…..and pick ONE(only 1) to try to learn.… » Read full post
I’ll be spinning with my cohost Butch… ALL VINYL, ALL LIVE… my favorite Reggae and Ska records and some Clash and Police and Yellowman and Cameo and a jazz tune here and there etc…. as well as original Mr. Anonymous music…. every monday from 5:00-7:00 pm mtn time… check it out and hope you enjoy the bird and jungle and african market sounds that play 24/7 when we’re not on air!!!